Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Graduation Outfit and Gift

My baby girl graduated from preschool today.  I can not believe she will be in Kindergarten at the end of summer. 
I made her the tunic and leggings for the last day of preschool and graduation.  The fabric is from Chez Ami and the tunic and the leggings are from the pattern McCalls M6019.  I really like the finish of the tunic, most of the seams are hidden.  I added a little iron-on monkey to the front and now the outfit is referred to her monkey dot dress.
So cute she looks, my big soon to be Kindergartner. 


I made her teacher a purse and Breanna has so excited to give it to her and tell her 'there are green apples inside too just what teachers like'.  The outside of the purse is a natural linen and it's lined in a cotton, made with a self drafted pattern. 




The small clutch is acturally a pretty nice size.  This is the forth metal frame purse I have made and this one has came out the best by far.  The ddifferences being, the pattern (still not perfect yet), I used light weight interfacing on the linen, then sew-in fleece in between the layers, and experience in gluing the purse in the frame (I did not have to pick glue off the fabric).  I think I might have to just make myself one now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment