Monday, March 7, 2011

Quilt -Along Block # 11 & 12

Block #11- Fat Quarterly
This block was not named so I named it Walking With Elephants.  When I went to trim the four corner blocks I trimmed them at the 90 degree angle around the white half triangles.  I should have trimmed them evenly around all four sides, I don't know what I was thinking.  So all four white triangles are short, but I still really liked the way it turned out. 

Block #12- Sugar Stitches

This block was not named either so I will name this one Mermaiden Shells.  I love how this one turned out.  Partly because I love Heather Ross's Underwater Friends mermaids.  I have had this fabric for a couple years and have now just cut into it.  I'm so glad I did and hope to use more of it soon.  Also all of my blocks lined up and all of my geese have their noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment